Discipline at SGC Campus:
SGC promulgates stringent guidelines to make the students community more disciplined in order to mould them in accordance with the institution's own philosophy. Having been coined an identity in the greater sivasagar district and in the upper Assam region through the ages the SGC has been producing quality students year after year. At SGC campus,
1) You are highly expected to come with proper Uniform, Badge and Posture
2) No mobile phones are allowed in the campuses
3) Instill peace and harmony
4) Any acts leading to defamation of the college are strictly banned
5) Any misconducts/mis behaviour in the examination hall during examinatioin subject to punishment according to the University rules and regulations
6) Respect college employees of all categories and cooperate them
7) Protect the campus resources
8) Donot shunt in the nearby Market complex or anywhere outside the campus during the class hours
9) Through and dump garbages at proper sites
10) Make the campuses pollution and tobacco free zone.
Because the college will survive sustainably at your hands only.
Discipline at SGC Hostel:
The Rangpur Chatri Niwas also underlays guidelines for the boarders to keep learning and aesthetic environment remain intact in the campus.
Maintain different time schedule of the hostel
1) Abide by the commands of both Hostel Warden and Matron
2) Instill integration, peace and harmony
3) Any act vulnerable to deteriorating the normalcy of hostel environment are strictly banned
4) Make hostel pollution and tobacco free zone
5) Respect hostel staff and cooperate them
6) Address your grievances either at hostel or at college authority
7) Keep your surrounding clean.
White blouse, Muga or Muga coloured mekhela and white chadar with deep green border or white salwer with dark green dopatta and white kameez with side openings bordered by green pipings. For non-Assamese students White Sari with deep green border in lieu of Mekhela chadar is also admissible.
It is obligatory for every students to use college uniform including the College badge and to keep in possssion the Identity Card issued by the College authorities during college hours and also while attending functions in the College campus or outside representing the college.
The college authorities will supply the college badge and duly endorsed Identity Cards after admission.
SGC campus has already been made a Ragging free zone, be it the main campuses or the hostel. The authority constituted an Anti Ragging Squad with all necessary mechanisms in accordance with the UGC's guidelines and Assam Govt.'s Rule. Violation of the rule leads to severe punishment otherwise. You can feel free in the process of assimilation in your college days at SGC. In case you need to report, use following numbers - Principal (232778, 9435057052), Vice-Principal (9435114679) and Hostel Superintendent (9435356680). Follow UGC's website: ....
Sexual Harassment Prevention:
SGC is quite keen to monitor the cases of sexual harassment/abuse, if any, of both students and staff members. The concerned cell, through proper channel, redresses the cases and decides of inventory for further prevention. Do not panic! justice awaits for your safety and secuiry at the SGC.